Saturday, January 9, 2010

What too many children are learning

I was reading a post on teacher's net about the lessons people learned from their parents.

I also learned many valuable and meaningful positive lessons from my parents.

But I am afraid that too many children today are learning negative lessons from parents who don't care.

The lessons I fear too many children are learning today.

1. A father is a guy your mother knew once.
2. A dad is your mother's current boyfriend.
3. What is on television is real.
4. Cooking is what you do to a frozen dinner in a microwave.
5. Teeth are supposed to hurt.
6. Beer is good for you.
7. Any videogame is more fun than any real game.
8. When you feel bad, there is always something you can take that will make you feel good.
9. School is a place you go so you can hang out with your friends. It has no other purpose.
10. Nobody cares; why should you?

There have always been a few neglectful parents who more or less allow their children to raise themselves, but I fear that their number is growing.

1 comment:

  1. Sad world huh? I am so glad I grew up when I did, hardships and all, and had my children when I did. Good to see you posting again!

    I have a new blog -- clicking on my name in comments will take you there.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Jacksonville, N.C., United States
Retired teacher, motorcyclist, member of the Patriot Guard Riders, the Christian Motorcyclists Association, and the Moto Guzzi National Owners Club.