Sunday, January 17, 2010

Remembering Mr. Albert James



Mr. Albert James has died. He was a fine man, and one of the finest educators I have ever known. I rank him among the best principals I ever worked for.

The core of Mr. James's success was his respect for others; students, teachers, staff, parents, and members of the public. He looked at every person as an individual worthy of his time and effort.

He was a quiet man, who did not seek attention for himself. He did his job; he gave you time and space to do yours. He believed in the ability of people to do their best, and always encouraged that best.

I will miss him. His students and co-workers will miss him. Education will miss him. We need more principals like Mr. James.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN!!!! I am glad you had the opportunity to have him be a blessing in your life.

    PS I have a new blog and name will lead you to it should you care to drop by someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Wayne,
    Not sure if you remember me, as it has been a few years since I left J'Ville, but I was a parent under Mr. James at 3 different schools.
    My eldest daughter is in her 1st year of law school now. We started out with Albert at the old JMS so many years ago...
    I am so glad I had a chance to call him a few months ago to thank him for getting my daughter where she is now! As always, he was too humble to take any credit. That was his way and part of what made him so special to so many.

    Albert James was the greatest teacher and most sincere man that I have known in my lifetime.

    My family and I already miss him but we were so very blessed to have known him!

    Thank you for giving me a place to say so...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Jacksonville, N.C., United States
Retired teacher, motorcyclist, member of the Patriot Guard Riders, the Christian Motorcyclists Association, and the Moto Guzzi National Owners Club.