Friday, April 17, 2009

Poetry and wounded warriors


Our Coastal Poetry Consortium is trying to organize a poetry-writing workshop for wounded warriors at Camp Lejeune. Marty Silverthorne, a good poet and a great guy who is also a quadriplegic, has agreed to lead the workshop. I can't think of a better leader for such a group!

Marty and Mike Hamer, who is also wheelchair-bound, have a group called "Eight wheels and nowhere to go." They present programs of song and poetry. They are excellent.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had been there -- sounds wonderful! Hope we will get to read more about this organization again.

    Caught up and left comments on three posts I believe. Glad you had a great Easter vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I was hoping that you had written again. I enjoy your posts. Don't give up on us now!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

Jacksonville, N.C., United States
Retired teacher, motorcyclist, member of the Patriot Guard Riders, the Christian Motorcyclists Association, and the Moto Guzzi National Owners Club.